FW 2017 Skincare Routine
In acclimating my skin to a drier and colder climate (or as cold as Texas gets), this is the routine I'm currently following. I have oily dehydrated skin with rosacea that I believe is the papulopustular kind (looks like acne but it is not). I have, at the time of writing this post, have worked through a reliable, don't-anger-it routine that will get my poor face through the cold wind.
1. Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm. I have written a review about this, so you know how I feel about this lil' jar of pure heaven. Love love love.
2. CosRX Low pH Good Mornig Gel Cleanser. A gel cleanser that is--wait for it--not completely drying out my face?! Someone call 14 year old me. This is a great cleanser that cleanses without stripping. It leaves a great, clean canvas for the products that follow.
3. Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner. Whoa, soothing angel. I've only been using this for about 2 weeks but already love it. It is so hydrating, not sticky at all, and I appreciate how calming it is given the fact I washed my face vigorously.
4. Curology - Azelaic Acid + Clindamycin + Niacinamide. I don't put this on every night, as I alternate with my Vitamin C serum (there's conflicting opinions out there on whether to use Niacinamide and Vitamin C together but I want both so I alternate). This is the last bottle of my prescription, since I'm ready to move on to other formulations.
5. Jordan Samuel Skin Hydrate. One of my favorite serums hands down. This is my second bottle and I don't see myself using anything else for a while. I put this on whenever not using the Curology stuff. When using Curology, this goes on in the morning.
6. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel. Got this at Costco in a 2 pack because I had given it to my sister a while ago and she really liked it. I'm actually very impressed by this! Even if I over-apply, it sinks into my skin rather quickly. Great for daytime, and when the outside is too dry, it layers like a dream.
7. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream. Okay, so here's the thing about me and eye creams: I not-so-secretly don't really care that much about them. Truth is, I haven't bought an eye cream in like three years because I always get samples. This is one of them.
Of course, this excludes my weekly exfoliation & other treatments, but that is for another post ;)
Let's hope it keeps cold from now on!