#FinishedIt | Products I've Used Up
It's always satisfying when I'm through with a product. I really like 'empties' reviews because what a better way to formulate how you feel about a product than to finish it up? I'm trying to go through my (embarrassingly) extensive skincare and makeup stash, and these are the products that made it to this inaugural post of the #FinishedIt series.
1. L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24hr Foundation. I really, really like this foundation. It provided great coverage without caking up and did a good job at controlling my oil. Now, this is not completely finished, but I've had it for a year and a half now, and it has sadly separated :( so it has to go! Repurchase? Yes.
2. Jordan Samuel Skin Hydrate Serum. Now, y'all know how I feel about this serum, so I won't regurgitate my review. I really like this; simple, to the point, and surprisingly affordable. Repurchase? Already did.
3. Leejiham Tea Tree 90 Essence. One of my first products in my recent foray through Korean skincare. Initially, this product disappointed me because I saw nothing special happening. At the beginning of this month, though, I broke out because of a yet unnamed (review to follow) facial oil that gave me deep and painful cystic pimples as well as whiteheads. This works best as a targeted treatment, as it really calmed down the angry red of those pimples that plagued my face for a whole week. Repurchase? Maybe.
4. The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA. So...this did nothing. No discernible difference in the way my acne scars looked, or that freckle by my right eye. Whatever it is that it actually did, it might have been so subtle the naked eye hasn't noticed it yet. I noticed when it dried down that it smoothed out the application area, though. I'll have to address my PIE through other methods. Repurchase? No.
5. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment. I've been using this lip balm for years, but I've never bought a full size because I get so many samples of this that I'm set for a year. I love the slip this has, and the lemony scent is gorgeous, making my lips shine and get intense hydration. As a lip-licker and biter, this comes as a blessing. Repurchase? Yes.
6. Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara. Got this as part of a 500 point perk from Sephora. I hadn't tried any of BB's mascaras before, and I can say this mascara was: okay. I liked the shape of the brush since it wasn't gigantic and was forgiving on my little eyes. It provided a subtle amount of volume and lengthening, just right up Bobbi Brown's aesthetic, I believe. As an avid user of drugstore mascaras, I am never terribly impressed by mid-high end. Repurchase? No.
As an update on how my Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping went: I was bad. A little. No, a lot. Expect a couple of hauls on my IG (@somebeautyblog).